Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The year that went by….



21st December 2012 was supposed to be an apocalypse day according to the Mayans.  Many of us, waited to see what was going to happen, people went crazy and there were online news that there are some places that would be saved from the this apocalyptic ceremony.

I feel that Mayans were tired of making the calendar, so their heads gathered made some decisions and declared that 21st December 2012 would be the end.

Instead of thinking about the end of the world, I took up these last days of the year to think over the year that was about to end and watched the movie 2012 which turned out to be the biggest joke of the century. While contemplating- about the year that was ending- I realized that I had become a freaky traveler.  I never had, thought of travelling to so many different destinations in such a short period of time. Frankly speaking, I have been travelling almost half of the year 2012.

2012 took me to all corners of southern India. Places like Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Banglore, Trivandrum, Nagapattinam, Pune, Lonavala, Kandala, Kochin and North Goa. And the list goes on.

These journeys helped made me explore different culture and tradition along with different people. And in all of my travel I got to eat and meet different kinds of food and people. Looking at the culture, tradition, people, places, history and cuisines of Southern India, I can feel the diverseness that our country have.

But what I have witnessed is only one-third of India. I wonder what is in store for me when I start with my journey towards North India, which is equally colorful and vibrant part of India.

2013 is not the end but a new beginning for my travels and explorations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment